[Avodah] Leading Charedi Posek Says metzitza' Should Not

Beth & David Cohen bdcohen613 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:39:57 PDT 2012

"Is there really anyone who holds that?  All the sources I'm aware of
seem pretty clear that bediavad peri`ah is me`akev, but metzitza is not.
It says "mal velo para` ke'ilu lo mal", but it never says anywhere that
"mal velo matzatz ke'ilu lo mal", implying that bediavad the boy is not
an `arel."

Then this leads me back to my original question: do we have any sources
that deal with balancing l'chatchila requirements with possible pikuach
nefesh considerations?  IOW, assuming metzitza is a l'chatchila
requirement, but b'deeved the bris milah is kosher, does pikuach nefesh
override the requirement? Sources??

David I. Cohen