[Avodah] hilchot Pesach

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Apr 2 15:46:11 PDT 2012

On 2/04/2012 5:31 PM, Eli Turkel wrote:
> << As I've said before, I don't think this is a problem at all, just as I
> don't think there's a problem with eating in the queue at the supermarket,
> since there is a very strong umdena that the owner doesn't mind. But I
> also don't see the problem with adding an explicit stipulation to the
> contract, which would surely resolve any safek. >>
>
> Shemirat Shabbat Kehilchato doesnt seem to agree (he gives a case of the Goy giving a present).

Argument from authority?!  Tell me one reason why it should be a problem.

> R. Avraham Yosef said explicitly at the shiur that one has to pay the Goy or get his explicit Merchilla

When does he say to pay him?  On Shabbos?!  Or before Shabbos, while
it's still Pesach?!  Of course not.  You're *going* to pay him after
Shabbos, when you buy it back from him, *just as you would if you hadn't*
*taken it on Shabbos*.   This is obvious.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion