[Avodah] hilchot Pesach

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Apr 5 13:06:16 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 06:46:11PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
>>> As I've said before, I don't think this is a problem at all, just as I
>>> don't think there's a problem with eating in the queue at the supermarket,
>>> since there is a very strong umdena that the owner doesn't mind. But I
>>> also don't see the problem with adding an explicit stipulation to the
>>> contract, which would surely resolve any safek.

>> Shemirat Shabbat Kehilchato doesnt seem to agree (he gives a case of
>> the Goy giving a present).

> Argument from authority?!  Tell me one reason why it should be a problem.

While we here can only discuss halakhah velo lemaaseh, do to the
limitations of the venue and of many of us, I reiterate what I thought
was obvious last time we reached this point -- Yes, the authority of a
pesaq rests on the acknowledged authority of the poseiq.

Besides if the SSK doesn't seem to agree, isn't the normal response to
check that the SSK seems to be saying the same to you, and if so, to try
to capture why his opinion differs? You're sitting behind a keyboard,
without RSN's beqius, and you think that what seems obvious to you is
necessarily correct? Could you picture me doing the same on-list in
contradicting the LR's position on some point in Qabbalah?

If you wish, however, to simply reframe the thread back to the theoretical
discussion rather than a battle of poseqim, *that* I could understand.

Micha Berger             It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where
micha at aishdas.org        you are,  or what you are doing,  that makes you
http://www.aishdas.org   happy or unhappy. It's what you think about.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Dale Carnegie