[Avodah] [Off line - call me at home] Re: hilchot Pesach

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:43:50 PDT 2012

<< R' Dovid A. Morgenstern shlita mentioned this at his 2nd Shabbos-Hagodol
Drosho. (I wasn't at the first, so I don't know if he gave the same one
twice; 2 blocks and 80 minutes apart.)

He mentioned that there would be a problem with Muktza, since Bein
haShmoshos the Chametz is forbidden.

He also mentioned the issue of stealing from the Goy - since (the sales he
is aware of) do not have any stipulations attached; he said they were
complicated enough without adding loopholes. >>

I did some more research. Shmirat Shabbat Kehilchato explicitly allows
eating chametz on the shabbat immediately following Pesach based on a Rav
Akiva Eger. He has an extensive footnote asking why it is different from
ornaments after Succot. Among other answers he brings one from CI. Hence,
this seems to be universally held that "Migo De-ikzai" doesnt hold from
yomtov to shabbat. All this only if he gets a present from a Goy.

Eli Turkel