[Avodah] tzitz eliezeer.....

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Dec 14 15:02:11 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 5:41pm EST, I wrote:
: Well, R' Elchanan Wasserman asks your question in Qoveitz Divrei Sofrim,
: but using it as proof of his shitah that our rabbis have the ability
: to intuit Hashem's Will, and since doing what He wants is mandatory
: even without a tzivui, dinim derabbanan aren't actually tied to any
: particular deOraisa.
:
: Lo sasur is thus about pesaq, not new taqanos and gezeiros.

I should have recalled that R' Shimon Shkop has a similar answer,
but different in a hashkafically significant way. Shaarei Yosher vol I,
Shaar haSefeiqos pereq 7 ("VeNir'eh") writes that sevara alone is enough
to create a chiyuv. The seikhel commits to following Qol Hashem, and
the seikhel also commits to be careful about what chazal and our other
rabbanim warn us about.

<http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=37866&st=&pgnum=24>.

Micha Berger             Worrying is like a rocking chair:
micha at aishdas.org        it gives you something to do for a while,
http://www.aishdas.org   but in the end it gets you nowhere.
Fax: (270) 514-1507