[Avodah] Zechor/zachar

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Mon Mar 21 17:25:19 PDT 2011

"As to zeikher/zekher, I refer you to the excellent articles
by R' Mordekhai Breuer, R' Yhtzhak Penkovsky, and Yossi
Peretz all of which show what has always been quite obvious.
There is no real basis for the zekher reading."

Another article on this issue is by my brother-in-law, Prof. Jordan Penkower of Br Ilan University. It's way beyond my expertise although I've been told that Jordan, who is acknowledged as a leading expert in Bible studies, Jewish manuscripts etc., has written the definitive piece in this issue. The article can be found in Vol 4 of Iyyunei Miqroh U'foroshonos, a series published by Bar Ilan U Press, and is entitled: Zeicher - Bi'chomeish oa Sheish Niqudos?

Joseph Kaplan