[Avodah] Zechor/zachar

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Tue Mar 22 03:06:44 PDT 2011

R' Yosef Kaplan just e-mailed me to point out that old folks
sometimes get a bit mixed up in the head.  I had written
about the articles that prove the lack of any basis for the
double reading including one by R' Yitzhak Penkovsky.

RYK very politely added an article by his brother-in-law
Prof Jordan Penkower. As Prof. Penkower's is called up to
the Torah as Yitzhak and the "w" becomes a "v" in Hebrew ,
even a mixed up mind realized that we are talking about the
same article.  Obviously, I had meant to write Penkover and
and not Penkovsky.  BTW, Prof Penkower's article on
zeikher/zekher, as I have written before on list, is the
most complete and, in 44 pages, covers the entire history of
the five nekuddot vs six nekuddot question.

Sorry for the error. Please correct your memories of the
names in my e-mail.

David