[Avodah] tachanun

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Mar 18 13:03:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:55:19PM +0200, Eli Turkel wrote:
: I was told that since shtiebels frequently daven mincha late by time
: they reach tachanun it is after shkia and one doesnt say tachanun.
: From there it evolved to never saying tachanun for mincha.

I find that hard to believe, since they hold by Rabbeinu Tam and even
beyond that they are willing to be meiqil for Amidah -- so why not
tachanun too.

BTW, the Satmar Rav held that while he davened after zeman, he rebuked a
chassid for scheduling a minyan and beris after zeman. Why? Because when
the SR davened after zeman, he did so because he was preparing kavanos
already when it was still zeman. But for the hamon am, they lack this
notion that davening really started well before the first word.

Micha Berger             "'When Adar enters, we increase our joy'
micha at aishdas.org         'Joy is nothing but Torah.'
http://www.aishdas.org    'And whoever does more, he is praiseworthy.'"
Fax: (270) 514-1507                     - Rav Dovid Lifshitz zt"l