[Avodah] Boreh Minei Bessamim: Stop And Smell The Flowers

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Mar 9 03:08:19 PST 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 09:00:34AM +1100, Isaac Balbin wrote:
: Are you implying that there is only Hano-oh if it has a nice smell
: but if that smell also makes me feel better I don't have Hano-oh?

I was under the impression that if I take something for the purpose of
refu'ah but happen to also enjoy the taste, I do not make a berakhah.
That's why my mental associations shifted the topic from RtSB's
statement about flowers to things one smells (aromatherapy) for the
purpose of refu'ah.