[Avodah] Boreh Minei Bessamim: Stop And Smell The Flowers

Shoshana L. Boublil toramada at bezeqint.net
Tue Mar 8 23:32:53 PST 2011

RMB wrote:

> As for giving flowers before Shabbos, I always thought the iqqar
> was the pe'ulah, not the chetzah. To relate to this week's parashah
> (archive readers: it's Vayiqra), Rachmanah liba ba'i. The essence
> of a qorban is the emotion expressed in and reinforced by giving it,
> not the animal.

[SLB writes] Apparently it is indeed that S'char Mitzvah - Mitzvah.

While the emotion and the actual giving are prime factors in the
relationship with your wife, apparently when you choose to give flowers that
have a scent [you could have brought her a book] - you are also providing
her with an element of medical care by reducing her stress levels.

Multiple benefits from the same single action.

[a very permaculture type behavior <g>]

Shoshana L. Boublil