[Avodah] Fwd: worst aveirah

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 02:40:53 PST 2011

<<Piquach nefesh does not inherently override Shabbos. Shabbos overrides
Shabbos, and in the case of someone who isn't / doesn't have to be
shomer Shabbos, it's other mitzvos that override Shabbos (mishum eivah
and mipenei darkhei Shalom).>>

1. Do you have a source that pikuach nefesh overrides shabbat for a
non-shomer
shabbat only because of eivah/darchei shalom.

If so it should have practical applications such as if shabbat is hutra or
dechuya
and other differences between a deoraisa and derabban

2. We generally pasken that pikuach nefesh overrides shabbat because of
"ve-chai behem"
and not because that it is better to violate one shabbat to keep many other
shabbatot.
So we violate shabbat even to keep someone alive for a short time when he
might not keep any mitzvot.

<<: We have "vechai behem" which says that pikuach nefesh overrides mitzvot
: between man and G-d but doesnt apply always to things that affect other
: human beings

Which implies that all else being equal, mitzvos BALC (bein adam lachaveiro)
are more chamur than mitzvos BALM. QED.>>

I don't agree. G-d tells us that we can violate his laws in order to save a
life.
That doesnt't give us permission to harm someone else to save a life. It has
nothing to
do with what is more chamur.
For teshuva on bein-adam-lashem ones needs vidui for beinadam-lechavero one
needs vidui plus forgiveness from a friend. This is the nature of the sin
and
has nothing to do with more chamur.

--
Eli Turkel