[Avodah] mesorah

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Wed Aug 19 05:17:44 PDT 2009

4. I brought separately that R. Dessler felt that Rabbenu Tam changed the order of the parshiyot in the tefillin based on his learning of the gemara. He obvious was not overly concerned about the previous Mesorah.
R. Dessler explains that this was because there was no clear written mesorah in Talmudic or Gaonic writings. The mesorah of what was practiced by the kehilla was not of paramount importance.

--
Eli Turkel
More interesting to me is that R' Dessler aiui did not have this as a mesorah - the question is which highly valued constructs required him to come up with this approach to minimize his cognitive dissonance?

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.