[Avodah] mesorah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Aug 19 07:52:14 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:44:37AM +0300, Michael Makovi wrote:
: Indeed. I forgot to mention that Professor*** Leiman brings a sevara
: as well...
: *** I am only referring to him as I have seen him most commonly
: referred to in literature; R' Micha points out that Professor Leiman
: does have smiha. I'd note that similarly, Professor Marc Shapiro also
: has smiha, even though he is *never* referred to as R' Marc Shapiro.

I wasn't clear about my point behind picking this nit.

If RSZL has any authority WRT the discussion of the CI from an
impact-on-halakhah POV, it's because of the "R", not the "Prof".