[Avodah] Kashrus of a Restaurant Under the Supervision of its Owne r

Gershon Dubin gershon.dubin at juno.com
Thu Aug 13 05:56:24 PDT 2009

From: "kennethgmiller at juno.com" kennethgmiller at juno.com

<<I was amazed at what he wrote there, over a hundred years ago. In particular, he shows big differences between the eidus one gives about his kitchen at home vs. the kitchen in his store>>
All of this discussion implies that if the person is ne'eman, that's the end of the story.  In fact, in our times, the complexity (both technological and logistical) of the operation of even a restaurant, kal vachomer a factory, is such that someone who is not a mumche should not be a mashgiach.  Certainly operating without a mashgiach is asking for the trouble, despite the best of intentions.

Gershon
gershon.dubin at juno.com