[Avodah] we live in good times

Arie Folger arie.folger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 23:42:15 PDT 2009

From: <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com>
> I suspect that Rav Schwab et. al. did not wish to see the year contain too
> many mournful days because - the impact would have been too depressing.
>
> So instead he wrote a shoah qina for 9 Av just as there is one for tatnu
> despite the fact that it took place around Rosh Hodesh Sivan.

This is exactly the way I understand the qina stating vekhi ein
leharbot biymei taanit/eivel (or whatever - no qinot in front of me),
which famously was used to prohibit the establishment of any 'Hurban
Europa memorial day by the Brisker Rav-Jerusalem. It seems to me that
the straightforward meaning is, there have been so many tragedies that
we shouldn't multiply the fast days, or ein ladavar sof.

                                  =====

>From same 'Oved, in another thread (tisha baav is a moed):
> Purim is in a sense too joyous for Hallel (too much holelus? :-)

Because we use the Eikha trop for some passages?
(ducking and running)
--
Arie Folger,
Latest blog posts on http://ariefolger.wordpress.com/