[Avodah] we live in good times

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 08:34:56 PDT 2009

Arie:
> I understand the qina stating vekhi ein
> leharbot biymei taanit/eivel (or whatever - no qinot in front of me),
> which famously was used to prohibit the establishment of any 'Hurban
> Europa memorial day by the Brisker Rav-Jerusalem. It seems to me that
> the straightforward meaning is, there have been so many tragedies that
> we shouldn't multiply the fast days, or ein ladavar sof."

Agreed but also plz note the corollary viz. that 9 Av and its season
grows more intense!

It's like a tzintzum or riccuz of all tzaros heaped up into a single pile.

That's why IMHO post-Holocaust we shouldn't be looking for kulos.
(Except maybe for "personal hygeine" issues which has to do with how we
are socially nowadays)

Nachamu
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile