[Avodah] we live in good times

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Thu Jul 30 13:25:58 PDT 2009

One of the points of the shiur I heard was answering the question of
how can the Yerushalmi say the walls were breached on the 17th of
Tammuz when Tanach says it was the 9th.  The answer, based on Rashi,
is that the people were so confused that they thought it happened on
the 9th, and God, as it were, wanted to be with Bnai Yisrael in their
desolation and confusion and joined with them by having Tanach list
the 9th even though it was in error.

Joseph Kaplan