[Avodah] morphing of the siddur (post akhagedolah); vlamalshinim, baruch sheamar, prayer for the state...etc.

Harvey Benton harveybenton at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 6 00:35:40 PDT 2009

hb: what is allowed to be in our siddur (post anshei k. hagedolah) etc., vlamalshinim, was put within the shemoneh esreh itself afterwards; why is/was that allowed? aleinu and other tefilos now exists; ari tefilos; lecha dodi; some verisons of kaddish include a prayer against what the gemaniyim did to us, etc.
who and what are the guidelines for inclusion into the siddur...or will it continually morph throughout history???

from; http://www.vbm-torah.org/archive/mb/26mb.htm
[hb:source of baruch she'amar]
In any case, the berakha of Barukh She-amar is not referred to explicitly
anywhere in the Gemara.  The Peri
Chadash (R. Chizkiya DiSilva) notes this fact in wonderment (OC 51): "And I am
amazed, for after the Talmud was sealed and canonized, how could the Ge'onim,
may their memory be blessed,  have
instituted a brand-new berakha?"

However, many disagree with the Peri Chadash and locate early sources for
Barukh She-amar.  The Mordekhai (at the end of Pesakhim in his "Seder Bi-ketzara")indicates that it was enacted by Anshei Kenesset Ha-gedola – the men of the Great Assembly.  The Shiltei Gibborim (Berakhot, fifth chapter) cites it in the name of the Yerushalmi, as does the Avudraham; it does not, however, appear in our version of Yerushalmi.  Similarly, the Taz citing the Tola'at Yaakov in the name of the Or Zaru'a writes, "This piece of praise was formulated by Anshei Kenesset Ha-gedola from a note which descended from heaven
......."