[Avodah] morphing of the siddur (post akhagedolah); vlamalshinim, baruch sheamar, prayer for the state...etc.

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 13:24:28 PDT 2009

HB:
> The PeriChadash (R. Chizkiya DiSilva) notes this fact in wonderment
> (OC 51): "And I amamazed, for after the Talmud was sealed and canonized,
> how could the Ge'onim,may their memory be blessed,  haveinstituted a
> brand-new berakha?"

See SA 46 and the Taz on "Hansoein Layo'eif Ko'ach" for the best
exposition of how brachosmay be added after the Talmud. WADR to Pri
Chadash

Also see Rambam MT hil. Shabbos 5:1 and the Maggid Mishnah there.
Myth: No new brachos may be added after Talmud

Fact: Gaonim either added or proposed to add many additional brachos.

Better Formulation :
A] Brachos in the Talmud are [almost always] axiomatic
B] While Gaonic brachos depend upon Minhag

Re: Yerushalmi - Rishonim find a number of brachos that we do not have.
There is more to this Yerushalmi...

Re: "Hansoein Layo'eif Ko'ach"  - Bach posits
It stems from [a non-extant] Bavli...

Shana Tova
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile