[Avodah] Kashrus of a Restaurant Under the Supervision of its Owner

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Tue Aug 18 10:30:49 PDT 2009

Were the Orthodox world to go by the guidelines that the AhS gives in this
siman, many if not most of the questions of "can I eat that person's food"
would disappear. Of course it would all depend on how one defines a khashud
b'zman hazeh. Is someone who eats heter mikhira a khasud for someone who
holds that the heter is invalid? Same question for someone who uses khalav
akum, and no doubt there are plenty of other points like these.

Ben