[Avodah] Kashrus of a Restaurant Under the Supervision of its Owner

David Riceman driceman at att.net
Thu Aug 13 08:38:21 PDT 2009

David Riceman wrote:
>> It depends, as RAM points out, on whether he has a hezkat kashrut.
>> It also may depend on whether there's ithazek issura (e.g. meat) or not.

I was unclear here.  The passage RAM cited is concerned in general about
whether a person has a hezkat kashrut.  The passage I cited deals
specifically with when a person's self interest invalidates his hezkat
kashrut.

I wonder, however, whether the AhSH would still deem his solution (a
letter from a local rabbi) adequate if he had read in his newspaper
about local rabbis being arrested after being accused of money laundering.

David Riceman