[Avodah] Kashrus of a Restaurant Under the Supervision of its Owner

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Aug 13 12:44:55 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:38:21AM -0400, David Riceman wrote:
: I wonder, however, whether the AhSH would still deem his solution (a
: letter from a local rabbi) adequate if he had read in his newspaper
: about local rabbis being arrested after being accused of money laundering.

For a similar reason, I think I would have an easier time trusting a
restaurateur who never tried being his own mashgiach, and all I have is
his chezqas kashrus. It just seems like a rei'usah in his chezaqah to
present a "we have a hechsher" when it's really "you can trust me".