[Avodah] The "TIDE" of Samson Raphael Hirsch

Yitzchok Levine Larry.Levine at stevens.edu
Thu Jul 23 08:45:42 PDT 2009

I have posted  Dr. Mordechai Breuer's pamphlet The
"Torah-Im-Derekh-Eretz" of Samson Raphael Hirsch that appeared in 1970 at

http://www.stevens.edu/golem/llevine/rsrh/m_breuer_tide.pdf

This pamphlet is out of print. However, Mrs. Meta Bechhofer, a
daughter of Rav Dr. Yosef Breuer, ZT"L, was kind enough to let me
borrow her copy.

I have not as yet had a chance to carefully read this 60 page
document. However, based on what I have looked at, this is a must
read for anyone who wants to really understand what TIDE is.