[Avodah] Daf BM 91 Rav Ashi's Pesaq

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 12:17:04 PDT 2009

In preparing for giving the DAF this Shabbos, I found an interesting
passage ...

Bavli: Bava Metzia 91B
Re: mating diverse species - kilayim.

Rav Ashi said: ...Inquired of me regarding this Matter:

What about placing a species of its own kind and with a different kind
in the same animal pen.

Do we say that it is drawn to its own kind (implying permitted)
OR
Perhaps even then it is NOT permitted?

Rav Ashi's Pesaq:
I ruled for them prohibited - which is not according to the halachah -
because of the lax observances of slaves .."

Thus, Rav Ashi tailored his pesaq - even against the Halachah - in order
to deal with the particular people involved.

Shabbat Shalom
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile