[Avodah] public bet din

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 22:01:59 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:

> So I reask, how do we know the gemara assumes an audience, rather than
> accusing the eid echad of speaking LH to the dayanim?
>
> Tir'u baTov!
> -Micha
>
> -

Simple

   1. The judges are profesional skeptics. What they here they are NEVER
   allowed to believe until drish vachakira etc.
   2. A Single witness [outside of mamanos] is guilty of LH/MSR and gets
   makaas mardus becuase he is saying ra but TO WHOM?
   3. Therefore the testimony MUST be by implication heard by outsiders -
   otherwise no LH/ MSR is even shayach

I am just showing the ath te Gmara assumed people would get a "kol" a rumour
if a witnessw testified. That is a presuppposition that seems obvious,

If dayyanim make it a closed session, I don;t have a problem.  I am only
saying that:

   1. There MIGHT be bystanders or outsiders NOT
   2. That ther MUST be outsiders

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com