[Avodah] public bet din

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jul 14 13:09:16 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 07:10:37PM -0400, Richard Wolpoe wrote:
: That is mashma behedya if you will. Why I don't know. But if a witness were
: testifying in total secret [in camera] then what's the motzi sheim ra - to
: the dayynim? They're not suppose to believe him anyway.

No one is supposed to believe the speaker of LH or MSR, regardless of
the context. If the fact that the dayanim aren't allowed to believe him
is sufficient, then speaking MSR would always be permissable.

So I reask, how do we know the gemara assumes an audience, rather than
accusing the eid echad of speaking LH to the dayanim?

Micha Berger                 Time flies...
micha at aishdas.org                    ... but you're the pilot.
http://www.aishdas.org                       - R' Zelig Pliskin
Fax: (270) 514-1507