[Avodah] Binyamin - Ben Oni

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jul 1 13:13:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 09:35:21AM -0400, T613K at aol.com wrote:
: As for Rochel, she longed for children but did not live to raise  them.  She
: never even had a chance to hold Binyamin, and probably never  even saw him.

Tangent: Someone showed me an article back when I was a teen that argued
that Binyamin was a Frank breach (legs bent over, feet near head, bottom
first. That would cause the tearing and a fatal amount of blood loss
given the state of medicine at the time.

His proof? Bereishis 35:17
    Vayhi beaqshosahh belidtahh
    vatomer lahh hamyalledes,
    "al tir'i
    ki gam seh lakh ben."

The meyalledes knew that he would be a boy WHILE Racheil was in labor.
Implying that it wasn't Binyamin's head that emerged first.

Micha Berger             You will never "find" time for anything.
micha at aishdas.org        If you want time, you must make it.
http://www.aishdas.org                     - Charles Buxton
Fax: (270) 514-1507