[Avodah] Fish and milk REdux

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:18:28 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:

> Richard Wolpoe wrote:
>
>  For example, just because BY states that fish and milk are not permitted
>> together does not make it normative. We analyze this BY and E.g. the Rema in
>> Darchei Moshe posits 'ta'us Soferim.
>>

> Actually he doesn't say it's a copyist's error, because the context
> doesn't allow for that.  It's quite clear that the BY himself wrote
> milk, and meant milk.   When the DM says "nitchalef lo basar bechalav",
> he means that the BY himself confused milk and meat.   Needless to say
> that's a very bedochak explanation, but since there's no other mention
> of such a sakana the DM evidently feels forced to it.
>
> --
> Zev Sero

Fwiw
I just saw the Taz in YD 87.  He specifically calls the alleged error in the
BY re: fish and milk as a Ta'us Sofer.
And the Sefer haSheetos qutoes this and attributes Ta'us Sofer to BOTH DM
and Taz. IOw he does not make the above distinction.

I guess that iff I was in error in calling this a Ta'us Sofer at least I am
in good company.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com