[Avodah] Zekhiras Yetzi'as Mitzrayim in Yemos haMashiach

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jul 3 08:29:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 10:57:05AM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
: No, we do not!  Yachid verabim halacha kerabim, and I'm not aware of
: anything to indicate that this is an exception.  *Nobody* disputes that
: we say yetziat mitzrayim at night; there's no svara at all *not* to say
: it.  The mishna gives it as an undisputed statement.  The machloket
: between Ben Zoma and the Chachamim is only about yemot hamashiach, and
: we follow the majority, that we *will* say it.

Are you sure that "*nobody*" disputes it? The sugya is on Berakhos 12b.
It opens with R' Yehudah bar Chavivi explaining why there is a derabbanan
to say Parashas Tzitzis as the third paragraph of Shema. After some
discussion of his statement, R' Elazar ben Azaryah raises his uncertainty
about applying this derabbanan at night. Shema must be said at night --
"beshokhbekha uvkumekha", cited in the mishnah without a machloqes. But
where do you see the third parashah being necessary at night? In fact,
given the choice of parashah, primarily about a mitzvah not obligatory
at night, ben Zoma's conclusion is far from obvious.

As for rov... Ben Zoma holds he is following a stam braisa (there was
no mishnah yet), which would give him a rabbim as well.

Micha Berger             Feeling grateful  to or appreciative of  someone
micha at aishdas.org        or something in your life actually attracts more
http://www.aishdas.org   of the things that you appreciate and value into
Fax: (270) 514-1507      your life.         - Christiane Northrup, M.D.