[Avodah] Zekhiras Yetzi'as Mitzrayim in Yemos haMashiach

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Jul 3 07:57:05 PDT 2008

David E Cohen wrote:
> R' Micha Berger wrote:
>> We follow ben Zoma's derashah for "KOL yemei chayekha". By saying there
>> is a chiyuv bizman hazeh at night, we rejected the Chakhamim's derashah
>> of "lehavi liymos hammoshiach".

> We do hold like Ben Zoma regarding zekhiras yetzi'as Mitzrayim at night

No, we do not!  Yachid verabim halacha kerabim, and I'm not aware of
anything to indicate that this is an exception.  *Nobody* disputes that
we say yetziat mitzrayim at night; there's no svara at all *not* to say
it.  The mishna gives it as an undisputed statement.  The machloket
between Ben Zoma and the Chachamim is only about yemot hamashiach, and
we follow the majority, that we *will* say it.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.