[Avodah] Kos Shel Bracha

saul mashbaum smash52 at netvision.net.il
Mon Jun 25 07:16:28 PDT 2007

RDBannet wrote:

Methinks zachor l'kadsho applies to all the days of the week.  Therefore,
my sons were told that if, for some reason, they couldn't
say the shir shel yom, they should still say every morning
"Hayom yom XXX  b"Shabbat Kodesh".

In birkat ha-chodesh, I say, for example, "Rosh chodesh Menachem Av y'hiye b'yom sheini *b'Shabbat*". I have not seen this anywhere, but it seems to me that designating  a day (even a future one)  as "yom X  b'Shabbat" is a kiyyum of  "zachor et yom haShabbat l'kad'sho".
Saul Mashbaum