[Avodah] Kos shel Bracha

Dov Kay dov_kay at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 09:10:42 PDT 2007

<<In birkat ha-chodesh, I say, for example, "Rosh chodesh Menachem Av y'hiye
b'yom sheini *b'Shabbat*". I have not seen this anywhere, but it seems to me
that designating  a day (even a future one)  as "yom X  b'Shabbat" is a
kiyyum of  "zachor et yom haShabbat l'kad'sho". >>

Except that the correct nusach is Av, not Menachem Av.  However, see
http://www.ou.org/publications/ja/5761fall/LEGALEAS.PDF, in which brilliant
R. A Zivitofsky cites the Aroch HaShulchan that the imprecise "Menachem Av"
is valid on legal documents. I do not have the AH in front of me, but from
this citation it appears that this is only b'diavad.

Kol tuv
Dov Kay