[Avodah] Kos shel Bracha

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Jun 27 11:20:48 PDT 2007

Dov Kay wrote:
> <<In birkat ha-chodesh, I say, for example, "Rosh chodesh Menachem Av y'hiye
> b'yom sheini *b'Shabbat*". I have not seen this anywhere, but it seems to me
> that designating  a day (even a future one)  as "yom X  b'Shabbat" is a
> kiyyum of  "zachor et yom haShabbat l'kad'sho". >>
>
> Except that the correct nusach is Av, not Menachem Av.

See _Igrot Kodesh_ of the LR, vol 2, #275 (dated 1 Menachem-Av 5707):
"The name of the month is Av, and that's how it's written in a get
(see Kav Naki 51:4), but in a ketuba and in birkat hachodesh it's
Menachem-Av."

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.