[Avodah] shemitta

Samuel Groner samgroner at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:59:47 PDT 2007

Avrohom Yitskhok Walters' analysis of why we should not be eager to
buy goods from Israel reminded me of an excellent piece of purim torah
by R. Eli Clark (I think the title is "Hilchos Television" or
something similar) that explains, in a footnote, why we should avoid
living in Eretz Yisrael based on a sofek that can be avoided by living
in chutz l'aretz.  R. Clark was just joking, but I'd ask RAYW, based
on your logic, why not avoid living in Israel altogether, since "we
have enough [mitzvos] that are hard enough" in golus?

Sammy Groner