[Avodah] Yeshiva is a Mikva to a Ben or Bat Niddah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun May 13 12:40:30 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 05:26:39PM -0400, Madjsolomon at aol.com wrote:
: The question of  marriage to a Ben or Bat Niddah is not a new one (see EH
: 4:13, and the comment  of the Vilna Gaon there who explains that this is in
: fact not a spiritual blemish but instead an indication that such a
: person will have a deficiency in character).

I am not sure of the reality of the distinction being made.

I realize this is just R' Yisrael Salanter's rationalism talking, but
leshitaso, are a spiritual pegam and a character defect different things?

Tir'u baTov!
-mi