[Avodah] fashion models and opera singers

Zvi Lampel hlampel at thejnet.com
Sun May 6 13:59:24 PDT 2007

Tue, 1 May 2007 from: Elliott Shevin <eshevin at hotmail.com>
>> I believe the Heter was based on the fact that the faces of the women> in the play could not be seen from the seats that were being sold by> ACHDS and the sound heard was that of a microphone reproduction and> not their actual voices. <<

>It seems to me that as a practical matter, some of the actor's own voice
will be audible, in addition to the sound system--although so little, it
may be butil. <

When Rabbi Jay Marcus was the Rav of the Young Israel of Staten Island, he told us he ran an experiment in a theatre: He asked the people in charge to turn off the sound equipment for one moment, to see if he could hear the singing. He said he didn't.

Zvi Lampel