[Avodah] fashion models and opera singers

Elliott Shevin eshevin at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 09:58:32 PDT 2007

Zvi Lampel wrote:

> When Rabbi Jay Marcus was the Rav of the Young Israel of Staten Island, he told us
> he ran an experiment in a theatre: He asked the people in charge to turn off the sound
> equipment for one moment, to see if he could hear the singing. He said he didn't.

I don't think trying such an experiment in the Great Synagogue at Alexandria is a fair test,
do you?  :-)

It would be interesting to try it with sound measurement equipment, to see how much
the volume diminishes between singer and listener.
 Elly
"Striving to bring Torah Judaism into the 58th century"