[Avodah] The Heter of Davar She Eino Mischavin by a Star-K Oven

Elliott Shevin eshevin at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 15:49:56 PDT 2007

I wrote:> >> >> > If anything, putting food in the refrigerator is more likely to be> > hachana, since you> > want to preserve leftovers you won't be eating that day; you're much more> > likely to> > be consuming what you've left in the oven on the same Shabbos.> > Michael Kopinsky responded:> > See 39 Melochos p. 112:> "Simple, non-strenuous activities that are done *routinely and effortlessly> by people as a matter of course* (without any conscious thought that the> act is a beneficial act of preparation) are in fact not Hachono, even when> intended for post-Shabbos needs."> [brings fridge as example]

Agreed. I only brought the point up to suggest that opening/shutting the oven door and the refrigerator door are equivalent--and if anything, you could make a (bizarre) case for the refrigerator being MORE of a problem. I use the fridge every Shabbos and don't give it a thought.  <g> Elly"Striving to bring Torah Judaism into the 58th century"