[Avodah] shemitta

Moshe Feldman moshe.feldman at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:00:57 PDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 5:10 pm, R Samuel Groner wrote:
: I wouldn't know where to begin arguing with someone who believes that
: "someone who is not very very confident that his mitsvos outweigh his
: averiros should definitely avoid being in EY." ...

R' Micha Berger responded:
<<
RSBA already cited VaYo'el Mosheh. I believe the Minchaz Elazar (R'
Chaim Elazar Shapira, the Muncaczer Rebbe) also writes about this
danger, and does so in more vibrant language.

Just pointing out that the Avnei Nezer YD 454 s"k 27 - 39 disagrees
with this.  He argues: (1) there is a mitzvah to live in E"Y, so one
has no right to question whether he is ra'ui to live there-- b'hadei
kavshei d'rachmana lama lach.  (2) The poskim pasken that a man can
force his wife to make aliyah.  From the fact that wife cannot argue
back that she is not sure whether her mitzvos exceed her aveiros, this
shows that it is not a valid argument.

Kol tuv,
Moshe