[Avodah] chumrot of sefardim

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:48:31 PDT 2007

In his teshuva ROY states explicitly that as a guest one either requests the
host to provide non-sweetened challot or else brings ones own. The same
for visiting an ashkenazi who does not eat glatt meat. ROY says the same
thing for wine and he says that most Ashkenazi wines (he singles out
Eda HaCharedit) are not porei pri gafen according to Ashkenazim.
I assume that means that according to him a Sefardi who hears kiddush
friday night from an Ashkenazi is not yotzeh with most wines and grape
juices
on the market.

I have not gone over the halachot recently but from memory (?) there are
differences
between the glatt of ashkenazim (piskei Ramah and lechumrah) and that of
sefardim (Mechaber). In that case even if it is glatt one would have to make
sure it is glatt according to all the shitot

--
Eli Turkel