[Avodah] R Asher Weiss

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Thu Apr 12 06:44:23 PDT 2007

I was listening to a shiur (www.bcbm.org) recently in which R' A Weiss
made 2 points which I think we've discussed in prior iterations.  Both
iiuc were primarily based on his "lev shel torah" although iirc he
brought a source which he felt could be read this way for each.

If one of us and the gadol hador were on a desert island and there were
only one kzayit of matzah available for pesach and it was our property,
Hashem would get more nachat ruach if we gave it to the gadol hador to
be mkayem the mitzvah (and we should act as such - although iiuc we
would not be compelled to)

Shliach shel adam kamoto applies only to the technical kiyum hamitzvah
(not sure if this extends to schar) but not to segula of mitzvah (e.g.
mitzvah gorreret mitzvah)

Comments?

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.