[Avodah] Grape Juice

martin brody martinlbrody at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 11:41:35 PDT 2013

All "best wine" is of course personally subjective, but it cannot be
something that has been deliberately spoiled by cooking. Therefore, the
best wine is non-mevushal.That's what it means There are many fine sweet
and semi sweet wines that are non-mevushal. Pasteurised Grape juice is NOT
wine. It cannot ferment into a potable product. That people enjoy that
taste does not magically make it wine. That it is permitted by poskim for
sacramental purposes still doesn't make it wine.
Cheers,
Martin Brody

"What is the definition of "best wine"?   My office mate who is not Jewish

--
Martin Brody
310 474 1856