[Avodah] Grape Juice

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun Jul 21 06:02:53 PDT 2013

On 21/07/2013 7:09 AM, Kenneth Miller wrote:
> I had thought that the grape juice labeled by Kedem as "non-mevushal"
> was totally raw. Now I know that it is actually pasteurized

If it wasn't pasteurised, how would it remain juice?  By the time it got
to you it would either be wine or vinegar.

> but at a temperature which even Rav Moshe Feinstein considers insufficient
> to qualify as "mevushal". Thank you.

I don't think so.  I don't think they produce any juice that RMF would not
consider mevushal; AFAIK the "non-mevushal" is by the standards of their
primary hechsher, the Tzeilemer Rov.

--
Zev Sero               A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and
zev at sero.name          substantial reason' why he should be permitted to