[Avodah] Grape Juice

martin brody martinlbrody at .gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 22:56:43 PDT 2013

> Could you please provide me with a mar'eh maqom of a halachic
> source that holds pasteurization would make wine mevushal?
> Micha Berger

Shulkan Aruch YD. 123 Yad Soledos Bo. Say 125 degrees?
That's  considerably below FDA pasteurization temperatures

Rabbi Yitzchak Abadi concurs.

 ---

> Then perhaps you should call it "cooked" or "pasteurized". But to call it
> "mevushal" is to invoke halachic factors which you have not proven. It is
> similar to saying that carrying a piece of paper in the street is not a
> melacha; it very well might not be "work", but "melacha" is something else
> entirely.

> Akiva Miller

Being a bit picky are you?
Mevushal is Hebrew for cooked, but I'm sure you know that.
I'm not trying to prove anything. I was posting factual information, that
most are unaware of.
You can do what you like with the information.

It would be nice if now again somebody said that's interesting and
thank you instead of coming back at me with pilpulistic or should I say
pugilistic comments

Cheers
Martin Brody