[Avodah] Grape Juice

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Jul 21 06:00:54 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 10:56:43PM -0700, martin brody wrote:
:> Could you please provide me with a mar'eh maqom of a halachic
:> source that holds pasteurization would make wine mevushal?
:> Micha Berger

: Shulkan Aruch YD. 123 Yad Soledos Bo. Say 125 degrees?
: That's  considerably below FDA pasteurization temperatures

As I clarified later, my problem was only partly about temperature.
Although it's more like 165 or 170 F.

But there are problems calling pasteurized wine mevushal given the speed
and efforts taken not to boil away any product. I'm really just stalling
for Chana to do my research for me -- ROY has a teshuvah, and thus an
encyclopedic list of sources, on the subject.

Micha Berger             The true measure of a man
micha at aishdas.org        is how he treats someone
http://www.aishdas.org   who can do him absolutely no good.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                   - Samuel Johnson