[Avodah] boiling water

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat Jul 20 11:46:30 PDT 2013

This psak has been reported a lot over the last few weeks, as part of an
advertisement for some new book.

http://www.ateret4u.com/online/f_01355_part_15.html#HtmpReportNum0004_L2

Here Rav Ovadia says that one should allow the coffee or tea to cool a
bit before saying the bracha. If someone says the bracha and only then
allows the coffee to cool, that passes b'diavad.

However on the same page,
http://www.ateret4u.com/online/f_01355_part_15.html#HtmpReportNum0005_L2
he writes that one doesn't say a bracha achrona on coffee which is hot
because one drinks it very slowly.

So it would seem that at least b'diavad one can say a bracha on a piping
hot cup of tea.

Ben