[Avodah] boiling water

Samuel Svarc ssvarc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 22:04:29 PDT 2013

Yes, I have heard this, from real TC'im. I understood the issue slightly
different, that lukewarm water (on the way up to boil) should not be drunk,
but lukewarm water on the way down can be drunk. So, water above lukewarm
is fine even if it hasn't boiled.

So I remember from roughly thirteen years ago when I questioned a R'am in
Yeshiva, regarding his drinking water that was a mixture of hot (from a
samovar) and cold (from the sink) water (thus lukewarm) during Shalosh
Seudos.

KT,
MSS
**
My daughter learned in seminary that you're not allowed to (or should not)
drink water that has been heated but not to the point of boiling.  If it
was boiled and then cooled off that's OK but you can't pour yourself a cup
of coffee from the kettle before the water boils.  I told her I had never
heard of this and would ask my learned friends on Avodah.  Anybody?

*--Toby Katz