[Avodah] Insights Into Halacha: (Not) To Eat Fish on Rosh Hashana

Prof. Levine llevine at stevens.edu
Tue Sep 3 13:18:51 PDT 2013

As we sit down tomorrow night, Rosh Hashana night, to partake of our
Simanim, as symbolic omens to enable a "Sweet New Year", we might
want to give a thought or two to the fact that one of the most
widespread of the Simanim, fish, which can be used for two separate
Simanim, is cited by many authorities as an item not to be eaten on
Rosh Hashana...

To find out why and if it still applies, read the full article
"<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1378220061-f3e1f3522b5dd7c62de9ed86c31aa237-c5edaf6?pa=528514558112408088>
Insights Into Halacha: (Not) To Eat Fish on Rosh Hashana". For all of
the Mareh Mekomos / sources, just ask.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1378220061-a2749ba6bfa828485fd7d4e4e12116be-c5edaf6?pa=528514558112408088>Insights
Into Halacha is a weekly series of contemporary Halacha articles for
Ohr Somayach. If you enjoyed the article, please share it with
friends and family. To sign up to receive weekly articles simply email me.
kol tuv,
Y. Spitz
Yerushalayim
<mailto:yspitz at ohr.edu>yspitz at ohr.edu