[Avodah] Who First Said It? 7 - Mourning during Sefirah

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 13:21:41 PDT 2010

allan.engel at gmail.com
> Further to this debate, the Mechaber (493:1) says:
> נוהגים שלא לישא אשה  בין פסח לעצרת עד ל"ג לעומר
> Nohagim shelo lissa isha bein pesach le'atzeres ad lag laomer What's
> Atzeres needed for in that sentence?

As per my posted hypothesis:

A. The entire period was originally treated as one, and then sub-divided
   later by reading Pras Atzeres into it [what I would term retrofitting]

B. It may have been motivated by the onerous nature of having one-seventh
   of the year off-limits, and so a qula was needed.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile