[Avodah] We should all be Hirschians

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 14:56:19 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/16/2008, llevine at stevens.edu writes:

>>Being a Hirschian is much, much more than having a secular  education and
working.<<

Yes, that is quite true.

My point was that even though the charedi community may /consciously/  reject
TIDE, it nevertheless incorporates many elements of TIDE without
acknowledging that it is doing so.  It is completely impossible to live in  the modern
world without at least some of the elements of TIDE, which is why  TIDE was not
a hora'as sha'ah but the blueprint for an ideal Torah life, and  even if you
want to insist that it /was/ a hora'as sha'ah, well, we are still  very much in
that same sha'ah for which TIDE was and is a hora'ah.  This is  certainly the
case in America and is even the case in E'Y.

--Toby Katz
Read *Jewish  World Review* at _http://jewishworldreview.com/_
(http://jewishworldreview.com/)